The procedure for carrying out repairs in the room requires a mandatory calculate the area of the walls, ceiling and floor. Since the time of purchase of building materials, these values help to avoid mistakes in their numbers. On the methods and examples for calculating floor space will talk further.
- 1 Table of contents:
- 2 Reasons for calculating the area of the room
- 3 Room area: carrying out the calculation of the floor area
- 4 Determination of the area of a rectangular room and the ceiling
- 5 What is the area of a room in which there are niches and protrusions
- 6 How to determine the area of the room with uneven walls
- 7 How to calculate the area of a room, which has a multi-level ceiling
- 8 Determination of the total area of the room
- 9 Determination of the minimum area of the room
- 10 Optimal room area
Table of contents:
- Reasons for calculating the area of the room
- Room area: carrying out the calculation of the floor area
- Determination of the area of a rectangular room and the ceiling
- What is the area of a room in which there are niches and protrusions
- How to determine the area of the room with uneven walls
- How to calculate the area of a room, which has a multi-level ceiling
- Determination of the total area of the room
- Determination of the minimum area of the room
- Optimal room area
Reasons for calculating the area of the room
There are many reasons for which is determined by the wall area, floor or ceiling in a room. In some cases, data are needed on the total area of the room. To discover the most common causes of determining the area of a room or some of its parts:
- If you plan to work on the installation of suspended ceilings, it is necessary to determine the total ceiling area, to determine the quantity of materials used in the works;
- when installing suspended ceilings, also need to calculate the total ceiling area to pre-plan the material means;
- painting or finishing the ceiling should also be aware of its size, almost all paint and primer products are in the technical data consumption rate per square meter;
- decoration plasterboard walls requires the calculation of the total area of the walls, to purchase a desired amount of material;
- when hiring builders, for example, for the flooring tile, each square meter has a certain value, which is considered to be at the end of work;
- the sale of the house or in its design, such a parameter as the living area, kitchen area and other rooms is also very important.
Room area: carrying out the calculation of the floor area
To determine the area of the floor, there are different reasons for this: the repair and purchase of materials for its decoration, carrying insulation calculation of usable area, etc.
The easiest way to determine the floor area of a square or rectangular shape. In this case, you will need the length and width of the floor, which are multiplied by each other. This option does not require the release of the premises from cabinets and other furniture. Simply measure the distance. However, in the presence of fire in a room, its area should be subtracted from the total result.
In principle, all of the items that are on the floor continually and are unable to move, for example, built-in closets, are calculated from the total floor area.
It seems more complicated calculation of the floor area of the room, which has an irregular shape. Standard rooms are of course take the form of a rectangle or square, although there are rooms with all sorts of niches, recesses, arches, ledges, etc. Such variant counting floor space is more complex since it requires calculating the square shapes that make up the separate room.
To calculate the total area of the space should be divided into several regular figures, as rectangles, trapezoids, squares, etc. For example, if the room has a z-shaped, it is sufficient to divide the rectangle into two, to calculate the area of each of them and summarize the results obtained.
If the room has a z-shaped, but it runs at right angle, but two rectangles still present therein triangular space, which area is also calculated. To calculate the area of a triangle is enough to multiply one leg to another.
In the presence of the semicircular fragments in the form of cylindrical or segmental particles, the calculations are complicated. To calculate the area of a floor in this room is also required to divide the space into several parts, the area of which is calculated separately.
There are variants of the premises, which have different levels of sex, that is a hill or incline. Thus, the room is divided into several zones. For example, in the kitchen and dining allocated working portion. The same thing happens with the ceiling, for example, a multi-level. To calculate the area of a floor with steps or bumps should again divide the space into pieces in the form of rectangles or squares, and the very protrusions measured with a ruler and calculate their area. So way to get a calculation of total floor space.
Note that in this case is preferred to use a tape measure, which is installed near the base. You will also need a pencil and a notebook for recording all the values. As a result, the purchase of paint and determining the amount of a finishing material for the floor is executed quickly.
Do not carry out measurements in the wall because it may be a curve and result in inaccuracies in determining the floor area. Particularly complex work on different definitions of floor space, which ledges are in the form of a semicircle, or a wave. This situation involves measurement of each of the arcs, the radii of finding and comminution area by several geometric shapes. By determining the area of each of them is computed general formula asymmetric segment.
Determination of the area of a rectangular room and the ceiling
Rectangular room is the most typical and frequent one. To calculate the length of the room is enough space multiplied by its width. For example, if the room length is 3.40 m, and its width is 5.20 m, then for determining the area of the ceiling enough 3,40h5,20, eventually get 17, 68 square meters area. To calculate the perimeter of the ceiling using a different formula, which includes the sum of twice its length and width. That is, attain to the level of the ceiling perimeter 2h3,40 + 2h5,20 = 17.2 m.
Therefore, in the process of purchasing profiles need 17,2 meter material. However, it is recommended, even with an accurate calculation, to buy material with a margin of 10-15 per cent to compensate for various types of mechanical damage of joints.
What is the area of a room in which there are niches and protrusions
To determine the area of the premises must work hard and perform these steps:
1. Make room project with all the design features.
2. Measure and mark the value of the height and length of all straight walls.
3. Using a ruler and gon divide the space into several zones, in the form of regular shapes.
4. Each Party figure, measure and mark the project.
5. Determine the value of each of them and summarize the results obtained according to the formula for calculating the square shape.
How to determine the area of the room with uneven walls
If there is room in which the walls have the form of polyhedra or indirect disproportionate figures, calculations much more difficult to carry out. Measure the perimeter of the room in such a simple enough. You should use a tape measure and pass it around the room, measuring each of the plots separately.
Room area is determined by means of sketches and design of the room. After sketch ready divide the space so as to obtain the maximum amount proportional to the figures in the form of a square, a triangle or rectangle.
To determine the area of a segment, which has the shape of a rectangle with the same ribs, it is sufficient to measure the magnitude of the legs, which are multiplied together and divided in half. I.e., for determining the area of the triangular segment with legs 0.5 and 0.9 m, such calculations should be carried out:
0,5h0,9 / 2 = 0.225 square meters.
How to calculate the area of a room, which has a multi-level ceiling
The ceiling, which are more difficult to calculate the ledges, but quite real. There are multilevel ceilings, which are shaped like straight lines of the calculation carried out easily, but there are such constructions, which require special care, as they are made up of arc-fragments, or waves to calculate that a special effort is required to make.
Count each of the sections are too long and costly, especially because in the end will turn out not always the correct result. After all, the arc constructed on the ceiling can be arbitrary.
The easiest way to determine the area of a room on the total floor area. To do this, you should perform the following steps:
1. Measure all the straight sections of the walls.
Is preferably carried out measurements closer to the ceiling, as the length of the wall top and bottom of the room may vary.
2. Determine the floor area of the previously mentioned methods.
3. On each of the vertical sections, measure their height and length, and multiply these figures.
4. Add the value of the total floor area.
Determination of the total area of the room
To answer the question of how to find the room area in square meters, we suggest to familiarize with the instructions, which will help to accomplish this task:
1. Take care of the cleansing of the space near the walls.
The walls should be freely available. Thus, it increases the correctness and accuracy of the measurement. If possible you should vacate the premises entirely, as in the conduct certain calculations required to measure and central portions.
2. Determine the indoor areas, with a regular shape.
If the room is a rectangle, then dividing it does not need. Otherwise, the room is divided into shapes as squares, semi-circles, trapezoids, triangles or rectangles.
3. Make a sketch of the room, so it becomes easier to work.
Measuring the area of the room you need to carry on the design, on which are marked all the measurements. Tip: If there is no paper and the need for an urgent measure, use adhesive tape, which is attached to every wall.
4. The length and width of the room, area.
Each wall is to be measured by the length and width desirably twice. In order not to measure the entire wall as a whole, it must be divided into several fragments, but in the end, the results are summed.
In order to verify the accuracy of the calculation, if there is free time, measurements are carried out twice.
5. Determine the area of each of the plots:
- rectangle area attain to the level multiplying the length by the width;
- area of the square, it is one of its sides in a square;
- triangle area - elevation and side are multiplied together and the resulting value is divided into two;
- area of a circle pi multiplied by the radius squared.
6. Squares previously defined regions are added together.
Determination of the minimum area of the room
1. Land in the form of a rectangle.
With a tape length is measured and the width of the portion, they are multiplied with each other. These often rounded to the centimeter.
The area of this portion is determined by multiplying the one side of a triangle at its height, i.e. line, lowered to the triangle vertices, which divides it into two equal parts. The resulting value is doubled.
3. The circle or semicircle.
Determination radius. This value translates into a square, multiplied by pi. In the presence of the semi-circle, the value is divided by two.
In addition, the Internet, there are special online calculator to perform all calculations quickly and accurately. To work with them is sufficient to choose the shape of the room area, to measure it with a tape, and enter data. The program itself will conduct all the necessary calculations and determine the area.
Optimal room area
Each room has its own size, and during house planning, this factor is taken into account in accordance with their purpose. The minimum value of the area of the normal living room of eight square meters.
Area family room or living room should be between 13 to 23 square meters. The bedroom should be located in the corner of the house, and be a through room.
The minimum height of the residential premises - 240 cm. It is not recommended to equip the room with a height of 300 cm, as they are completely impractical for them to heat a large amount of material investments required in the winter.
Each room must be distinguished by the presence of natural light. At least 30% of all of the walls should fall on the window. Note that it is preferable to install windows on the south side, as in the winter, on the northern side, they will provoke large heat loss.
If the living area of the house or apartment is from 15 to 55 square meters, the minimum kitchen area should be 6 square meters. When planning a kitchen in the building with a living area of over 55 square meters, kitchen must occupy at least one-fifth of the entire house.
If the kitchen occupies more than 10 square meters, the variant of its use as a dining room or a room for receiving guests. The minimum width of the hallway is 140 cm, must also be present in it natural light.
For a child's room enough in the area of 10-15 square meters. The smallest must have bathroom and toilet. Attain to the level of their area of 4-8 square meters.